JOIN SLIGO CHURCH FAMILY ON NOVEMBER 17 FOR THE 2012 Festival of praise. This special worship service will feature special music by the Sligo Sanctuary Choir, Sligo Children’s Choir, Sligo Youth Choir, Handbells and Brass.
This celebratuion will be followed by an evening concert by Evelyn Simpson-Curenton and friends, including the Sligo Sanctuary Choir, at 6 p.m. in the Sligo Church Sanctuary.
Sligo church also makes use of this occasion to serve our community during the Holiday season. Belpw are some ways in which you can Celebrate God’s provision and care.
Be a blessing to others in our community, and bring:
- Non-perishable food in a brown paper bag or box to supply Thanksgiving baskets which will be distributed by Adventist Community Services;
- Monetary gifts so that Adventist Community Services can purchase more items for the value of a dollar from food banks to augment our food gifts;
- Cleaning supplies, toiletries and toilet paper;
- Personal notes of encouragement and thanks to fellow members and/or persons in the Takoma Park community for their service to the city;
- Your Sligo Mission spirit to help the Youth and Pathfinders sort the canned and packaged goods, load the van, and deliver the food to ACS.
- Please pray and plan in the days ahead as to how you and your family can serve others this holiday season
For more information or donation questions, please contact the Sligo Church office on 301.270.6777.